Friday, October 8, 2010

The Business Model Canvas Guide

Friday morning is the only day that I have morning class.
9AM - Innovation, Foresight and Business Design.
I'll admit, I'm out of practice trying to catch the bus during rush hour. Last week I tried to drive and ran into a plethora of car trouble, traffic and parking issues. This week I missed the bus.

Sigh

I guess that's what happens when the class content is too long to fit within the scheduled 9:15-11:15 time slot. Typically, it runs from 9-11:30. Luckily, every week, my mind is blown, so I'm happy to spend the extra time.

Today, we had a guest speaker from ennova, a consulting firm that specializes in business model development. We used the Business Model Canvas Guide to contrast the business models of Apple and Blockbuster. Essentially, after looking at every aspect of the respective business models in 2001 and Present day, we were able to see how necessary it is to be flexible in your business model. The model should be fluid and management should recognize the signals that indicate a change in consumer desires, and should reexamine the business model and make appropriate changes as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers