Thursday, April 14, 2011

Last MBA Presentation

I know what you're thinking - student presentations in a business school mean wearing a suit. Well, you would be right.

Most of the time.

Looking down the halls of Rotman, you WILL see a sea of black suits, shiny shoes and ties. Not so in Marketing Using IT.

For the purpose of this presentation, this common beachwear was transformed with this:
Into Digital Marketing Executive.

Yes friends. Believe your eyes.

Seriously, stop rubbing your eyes! It's true! Our team was transformed from 'bum' into 'digital marketing executive' simply by adding a blazer, scarf and heel. This technique works for dudes as well! Your old band Ts and sports shirts are, in fact, professional when modestly covered with a suit jacket. Your old jeans are equally appropriate, with a pair of dress shoes. It's a miracle really.

Dear students doing presentations for such exciting classes like M&A, Value Investing, and Supply Chain Management. Don't be haters! I know you're jealous. I would be to - it's almost summer, the sun in shining and you are wearing black, constricting suits and I am wearing sandals and jeans.

There's not much I can do to help you work through your emotional feelings of anger and disbelief ("How on Earth can these jean wearing vagrants be earning a professional degree? It's not FAIR!"). Nor can I help you with your physical discomfort, ("This suit is so hot, I hope no one can tell how sweaty I am!"). I also can't help you stand out in your uniform ("Hey, nice suit! Is that 'midnight black' or 'nightshade'?)

Just know that I feel for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers