Friday, July 30, 2010

I am an assistant again...

Not officially, but I am now doing the same work I did 5 years ago on my first day as a media assistant. Requesting media kits, putting together costing sheets and getting copies of magazines sent to review. It's good to know that leaving a senior position to do my MBA has resulted in... junior level work?

Independent study strikes again!

I have enjoyed the experience for the most part, but I miss having a team to work with. A few, short weeks ago, before understanding the scope of the project, I agreed to be a team of 1 as my friends wanted to work in their regular group of 3. Oh how I have come to regret this decision! The majority of the work has been interesting and I have learned as much as I could have hoped, but week after week I noticed that my dear friends in their group of 3 was able to accomplish 3 times as much work as me - time constraints and all.

Thankfully, my media kit requests have all been sent with some prompt replies. I can't help but note that advertising is always the same - it's hard getting my questions answered, but when the client asks jump, I always ask 'how high' and then try to jump a wee bit higher. Oh how I have missed this media planning game!

I can't wait until school starts again so that I can continue with my lofty dreams and aspirations. When working on an ISU, I find that my goals are still FAR out of reach... in fact, I may have moved back a step. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers