Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need to get my computer BACK!

A few weeks ago, my laptop had an unfortunate run-in with a cup of caramello coffee. I'm sorry to say, the coffee won the battle and my poor laptop was reduced to a mere screen. It did smell deliciously sweet when it heated up though....

I have been using an older laptop ever since, and I don't think I'm a technology whiz or anything. I don't usually need the latest and greatest, but... I HATE THIS OLD MACHINE!

It's slow. It keeps crashing, and worst of all - it doesn't have any of the usual microsoft programs installed. No powerpoint. No word. No outlook. Nothing. Nadda.

At first I thought this would be a great reason to try some of the new web based programs like Google Docs. Free though it may be, it is extremely frustrating as a primary word processor. Microsoft has been raised in my esteem and I cannot wait to get my laptop back.

After hours of fighting with Google Docs, I'm giving up for the night. I don't think this report will be finished until it's official due date of Thursday, despite all my efforts.

I feel a bit betrayed by Google - they've never let me down before. Who knew that expensive software was SO worth it? Lesson learned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers