Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Schulich & Rotman, UNITE

I often get asked which business school has the better marketing department. Having never taken a single class from a Schulich professor, this is a tricky question to answer. I generally respond by recommending that potential students attend a guest lecture and decide for themselves. I am clearly biased, having enjoyed every marketing class that I attend.

I was surprised a few weeks ago to find that one of the new faces in my Integrated Marketing Communications lecture, isn't a Rotman student. Nor is she a student in another University of Toronto faculty... She is an MBA student at Schulich (York University). Apparently, Schulich students are able to attend a lecture at another university for credit. A mini-exchange. I was surprised that Schulich didn't cover similar course material - advertising is a central part of marketing after all.

I don't judge. It is lovely to expand on my network. Particularly as Rotman/Schulich are rarely on the same team. Our last 'networking' event was a hockey game where Rotman won 5-3 (hurray). The time before was at MBA Games, where Schulich had the upper hand.

In class we are all equal. Who says business schools cannot get along?

1 comment:

  1. hello~
    I'm a perspective student of Schulish, class of 2013. I am not quite familiar with the reputation of the Rotman and Schlich in Canada. Do they have any difference when it comes to finding a decent position?
    Thanks for your information. I am a Taiwanese girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers