Thursday, February 11, 2010

Corporate Finance

I find the capital budgeting portion of finance in Q3 to be much easier to learn than the capital markets portion from Q2.

Possible reasons:
1. Capital budgeting is more intuitive, thus easier to learn
2. Teaching methods are more appropriate for my learning style
3. Finance is finally sinking in

Of all the above, I'd tend to lean toward #3. In Q2, my prof Kent Womack kept assuring me that it could take a while for finance to really start to *sink in*. After nearly 9-10 weeks of this stuff, I'm starting to believe him. In hindsight, I would definitely have spent some time learning about corporate finance ahead of embarquing on this journey.

That being said, it's starting to sink in now, so there is hope for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers