Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two Worlds Collide

As I mentioned earlier, we have A LOT due this week which has led to some unfortunate choices:

Finance group project vs. Marketing group project

Add in an extra class and a networking opportunity, spells out disaster. As my marketing team learned this quarter, if you spread your resources too thin, you lose every time. This can now be applied to real life thus a choice has to be made: disappoint one group or the other.

Unfortunately for us all, I'm completely letting down my finance team this weekend and I feel horribly about it. Marketing is my field and I didn't perform as well as I'd hoped last quarter so it is absolutely imperative that this project be an A+. We had some ups and downs during the simulation which again puts pressure on this final report.

I feel like a complete jerk, but the Finance report is worth so little comparatively.

Sigh - business lesson learned - you literally cannot get everything done at once. Prioritization is just as important as Performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers