Monday, March 15, 2010

Q4 Begins

We began the morning bright and early - particularly thanks to the time change, I'm not a big fan of losing an hour, but will be glad for the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day!

We jumped right into it with global economics (AKA: Global Managerial Perspectives). Today was a fairly light day watching a video about the impact of Wal-Mart on the US economy. But, as I'm sure we'll learn, there are two sides to every coin. Has Wal-Mart been positive or negative? I'm keeping an open mind and hope that the course will give me some insight into the issue. As always, I'm sure that the answer will be 'it depends.'

Class number two was Operations Management. I've heard a lot of horror stories about this one - particularly related to the course load. We only have six weeks after all, so I anticipate some challenges with this one.

Which is why I am now ensconced in the fishbowl diligently trying to get ahead with my readings and problem solving.

Tomorrow is Ethics - I anticipate being frustrated in this class. Not because of the professor or class discussion, but because I'm already upset at the people in the first case. I feel that this quarter will be ripe with cases full of people turning a blind eye.

Also on the schedule is another accounting class (nothing to say about this one yet) and Integrated Thinking Practicum. I really hope that ITP will be a positive experience as I've loved the Design Visa program that I did and in my mind, Integrated Thinking is about coming up with creative solutions to problems that might otherwise not be effectively solved. Note that this is a personal definition, there seems to be several definitions being batted around. With the concept being so new, it's exciting to see how this idea progresses.

For now, on to the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers