Thursday, March 11, 2010

Going Digital

I am interested in digital marketing, new media and innovation and I've been struggling to showcase my experience in a way that allows my interests to shine. There is only so much space on the page after all.

Today I met with the CCC (corporate connections centre) to review & critique my resume. I got a lot of great tips and I'm sure that I'll be able to polish this baby to a shine.

Now I'd like to leave you with a funny video: New Dork - Entrepreneur State of Mind

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the resume! I'm sure you got great advice at the CCC, and already have plenty of ideas yourself, but hopefully some of the below helps?

    - Having a regularly updated blog is a great start (I envy the fact that you're able to stick with it). In addition, I think a good way to network for this area of interest is if the company has its own online social networking/blogging presence, to follow and comment on their stuff. The biggest struggle for me is to not overdo it and come off like I'm trying too hard to impress someone or am obnoxious.

    - Also, I think that type of specific interest is better highlighted in a cover letter than a resume, if it's something you know your target company is involved in. For a resume, you could mention your blog in other interests and achievements section if you have one.

    ReplyDelete

Followers