Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Satisfaction!

Every once in a while I check out other business school blogs, just to see if what we're doing is similar to what other business students are learning.

On one hand, we're all equal - we're all experts on CAPM, calculating WACC, conducting a SWOT analysis and drawing a supply/demand curve these days. On the other hand, our experience is definitely different, thanks to Integrated Thinking and Business Design - the two things that drew me to Rotman to begin with.

Today, I was trolling the Yale student blog and came across this post: NYT on Integrated Curricula. It was an older post, but seeing as Rotman is known for Integrated Thinking, I clicked to see what it was all about. Low and behold, the post referenced a New York Times article largely devoted to our beloved dean, Roger Martin.

There are few things more satisfying than being a student at a school that is truly on the forefront of business education. Particularly a school that is referenced in an article by another stellar school!

Sometimes, when I'm in the thick of classes, projects, exams, etc, I forget to enjoy what I'm learning. As I'm now enrolled in a single independent study project (NOT A CLASS, as our supervising professor made clear in today's "meeting"), I am going to remember to enjoy the process as much as the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers