Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When your skin prickles

When your skin prickles under the shower, you know you got a bit too much sun! After spending the long weekend at the cottage, sitting on the beach with not enough sunscreen, I am in a wee bit of pain from what can only be described as a wicked sunburn. I shouldn't complain though, it is my own fault for forgetting that while the date says 'May', the sun was shining like July!

The best part about the cottage (other than the sun, sand, and water), is uninterrupted reading time. While I should be unwinding after what I now describe as a torturous 8 months of reading, writing and arithmetic, I found myself curled up on a beach chair reading 'Marketing in the age of Google'. I am a mere third of the way through the book, so I don't have much to say on the topic, other than - who would have thought search could be so interesting? Book review to come.

Coincidentally, tonight I'm starting to work on a research project with Becky Reuber, Professor of Strategic Management, that will involve digital strategy, media planning and search optimization. I'm really excited to get started. Unfortunately, as there is an actual client involved, I won't be able to share much detail (or any detail for that matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers