Thursday, September 17, 2009

The face behind the blog


I know by now you're probably asking yourself, who is the face befind the blog?

A bit about me - I grew up in Barrie, Ontario which is about 100 km north of Toronto. I graduated from the University of Western Ontario with an honours BA in Kinesiology.

Since then, I was working at one of the largest advertising agencies in Toronto as a Senior Communications Strategist. I have experience media planning for brands such as Intel, Dairy Farmers of Canada and Staples Business Depot. I have also worked in the promotions department at a couple of radio stations in Ontario.

I also love sports, but unlike some of you, mine are a bit more obscure. I compete in sprint canoe, which is a real challenge. Basically, I have to try to balance on one knee in a really tippy boat and attempt to make my way down a course without swimming. Oh, and I can only paddle on one side of the boat. For those of you who have paddled in the past, I’m sure you can imagine the steering issues. In the winter I curl in a ladies league which is also more fun than you might guess – think bowling/shuffleboard on ice.

I also love camping/hiking/outdoors and was once a canoe guide for a summer in Northern Ontario near Thunder Bay. For the past couple of years I've been a leader with Scouts Canada working with youth age 14-17. Most recently I was appointed to a National Task Force with the mandate of ensuring future growth of the organization.

I am thrilled to be a member of Rotman's 2011 Class!

Whew, what a mouthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers