Monday, September 21, 2009

A Promise Remembered

The most memorable definition of a brand that I've heard thus far is a 'promise remembered'. Some of my favourite promises are:

- Competition
- Strength
- Happiness
- Imagination

Marketing is my business soulmate and I've missed it these past few weeks. That's not to say that we've been in a marketing wasteland - there have been a couple of interesting market research examples in stats along with case examples in FIT.

That being said, tonight was the first rendevous of the Rotman Marketing Association (RMA) and it was good to be back on familiar footing. The RMA has promised us a year full of networking, case competitions, job shadowing & resume workshops, in addition to a speaker series featuring executives from well-known brands. Plus, like any good marketing/advertising meeting, dinner was provided (pizza & pop), plus there were prizes (thank you Kraft!).

I'm looking forward to the kick-off meetings for the other clubs I joined last week; the Entertainment and Media Association and the Business Design Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers