Thursday, December 17, 2009

Need to work on test taking skills

Still not feeling better today even though I spent most of the day doing non-school related things. I did get back my MCV exam this morning and made some stupid errors including putting part of my calculation on the line reserved for the answer which confused the marker, losing me valuable marks. I misread another question (our exam room was dark - literally, the lights wouldn't turn on, so I was squinting the whole time). Anyway, I'm really bummed about it - I really know the material so I hate to lose marks for stupid things.

The moral of the story is I keep psyching myslef out right before taking tests. I seriously need to start calming down.

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I wrote an article that might help you with test taking. Students continually face the challenge of testing. The stakes are high and although some students can take a test with ease, others, like you and I, struggle - often because of test fright. This article might give you some strategies to help you on your next test: www.aimhieducational.com/TestTakingStrategies.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers