Monday, December 7, 2009

Study or Sleep --> The Debate Rages On

I got home just after 10 pm tonight after spending more than 14 hours away from home. I live a bit further away from school than some in a neighbourhood known at 'The Beaches', or to some 'The Beach' (it's complicated). This is generally GREAT because I don't think it's healthy to live right next to where you work and school is WORK. During exams, however, it's the pits. Studying in groups is a great way to learn material such as strategy since a variety of opinions helps to expand perspectives. I have yet to convince anyone to make the trek to my lovely beach home.

Here are the positives:
-->1 block from the beach
-->Wireless connection
-->Coffee maker
-->Giant bloodhound who never fails to make you smile

Negatives:
-->30-40 minute transit ride
-->it's winter, no one wants to hang out at the beach
-->dog fur sticks to just about any item of clothing
-->coffee at school can be found for as little as 80 cents, PLUS the store has bulk candy.

*Sigh* 14 hours at Rotman it is...

The real issue is that it's been 20 minutes since I got home and I've yet to commit to either more studying or succumbing to sleep. Considering that I spent 90% of that time googling various people (including myself - hope that's not weird!) and the other 10% of the time writing this post, I think it's pretty clear that napping is a necessary evil. I won't be doing much focusing at this rate.

My plan of action is as follows - sleep, alarm to go off at 5 am, actually get up at 6 am after hitting the snooze button no fewer than 6 times. Study for 2 hours before trekking into Rotman for the 10 AM Strategy test.

This is such a sad life these days. Need to stay focused on the main priority - Friday night's ultimate end of Q2 party... uh, I mean next year's graduation and subsequent glorious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers