Monday, April 19, 2010

Back-up plans

We have received new employment stats and the majority of folks have yet to find summer jobs. I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, but I'm staying positive. When all was said and done, the majority of folks were employed LAST summer, and the economy was far more grim!

Back up plans:
1. Learn French - I am verbally proficient, but my writing is atrocious! It would be great to upgrade / refresh my language skills. Canada is a bilingual country after all

2. Conferences / Courses - Go to as many 1-day events that I can.

3. Tanning - I haven't had significant time off in a REALLY long time. That being said, I hope it doesn't come to this

4. Volunteer Employment - I'm looking for experience above all. Maybe publishing my now EXTREMELY modest compensation expectations is limiting, but when push comes to shove, I would prefer to be working!

5. Summer courses - TBD. Registration has already happened, but I might still consider this after I get back from India

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers