Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm addicted to networking!

I think I'm becoming addicted to networking!

Today I met with a really interesting entrepreneur who started her own marketing consultancy while she was completing her MBA (at another southern Ontario university, which shall remain unnamed).

Some people think that networking is a chore, but I have met some genuinely interesting people - each of whom have taken a unique path to business success.

Lessons learned today:
1. Figure out what you love
2. Go after it
3. Don't fear the road less traveled
4. Don't give up

This is clearly an oversimplified representation of what we actually spoke about, but I can honestly say that her story and insights were positively inspiring! I definitely recommend meeting as many people as you can.


Finally, no blog post would be complete without the requisite photos of strangers shaking hands and networks being formed. Enjoy courtesy of Google Images!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers