Friday, April 30, 2010

Just your average Friday...

Writing my last exam of year 1. Then flying to India.
You know, the usual. Just your average Friday.

The Operations exam is wee bit terrifying. Yesterday I kept feeling like I was going to throw up while trying to work my way through practice problems. No actual vomit though, so I guess I got my nerves under control. (ish).

What my day consisted of
[x] Clean house (vaccuum, bathrooms, laundry, wash floors, dishes
[x] Pick up ANTI-malaria pills & emergency stomach infection pills
[x] Take Daisy for a long (ok, medium) length walk
[x] Buy batteries for camera & memory card
[x] Pack for 10 days of business formal events, plus a bunch of fun things too
[x] Study for Operations
[x] Have mini-nervous breakdown
[x] Study some more
[x] Watch documentary on India on CBC.ca (quite good)
[x] Pack some more
[x] Panic some more
[x] Come to terms with the possibility that I am not a natural at Operations
[x] Sleep

It was quite a productive day.

PS - I also ate lots of salad & fresh veggies since I'll be avoiding them for the next 2 weeks. Also drank water from the tap, another thing to avoid.

Random Note:

Giardia is a miniature parasite that can infect the water. It's one of the reasons that I plan to brush my teeth with bottled water just in case. What you might not know is that this isn't the first time I've come face to face with this little critter.

When I was a canoe guide, we used to purify the lake water to avoid contracting Giardia. Or, as it's known in Canada, 'the Beaver Fever.'

And now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers