Saturday, June 12, 2010

Independent Study - Hectic, Involve, Interesting, Overwhelming!

I am now on my third week of the independent study - launching a new technology into the North American Market. As it is a real client, I am not permitted to give you specifics on the company name and/or industry, however, I can share some of the activities that I have been involved in over the past 3 weeks:

This phase has been all about the research - specifically analyzing the competitive landsape, developing a list of competitors, buyers etc. Performing an analysis of the product and compare to competitors, developing a list of relevant trade shows, conferences and associations, etc.

Unlike the others participating in this project, I am a lone wolf - AKA, as I was in India, I didn't have the opportunity to see whether any of my other classmates were interested in the project, thus signed up solo. While the project has been extremely interesting, it has also been a heck of a lot of work!

I have been quite thorough in my research and have developed a list of over 300 players in this market. As the next phase is positioning and developing marketing messages and finally launching a website & conducting SEO initiatives, I am now reviewing each and every website.

I wish I could share more info on the project as it is REALLY interesting, but alas, I cannot. Rest assured though, this phase should be the most time intensive - research report is due on Monday!! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers