Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interviewing as an (almost) MBA

After much anticipation, I finally had an interview for a position that I have been secretly salivating over.

Here's an excerpt of the job posting:
"Your efforts will be directly tied into the development of new business models and strategies and drive the evaluation of the top new business options"
This morning I had an initial discussion with the Executive Director with whom I would be working. Without jinxing myself, I have to say that I enjoyed this discussion immensely.

Being the nerd that I am, I spent the afternoon looking into the industry and doing a bit of high level thinking on the business projects that we discussed this morning. I also plan to visit a couple of retail locations that carry the product over the next few days to people watch - see how they interact with the product in situ. People watching is one of my favourite passtimes after all.

For the first time, I am really excited about the possibilities for the summer. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me dear friends - the face-to-face interview is next week! I guess I'd better make some time to review the interview skills documents that were developed by the Corporate Connections Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers