Monday, June 14, 2010

Independent Study - Just like the real world!

After months of "safe" school work, I'm thrilled to be working on a meaningful project again. As I mentioned earlier, as part of an independent study project, a few of my colleagues and I are acting as consultants to a foreign company looking to enter North America. All of the products, 5 in total, are innovative technology products in a variety of sectors. My client (to remain anonymous until the product has launched) is in renewable energy.

This project is quite timely as I have been overly preoccupied with the BP disaster, thus I have developed a personal interest in renewable energy. I now know more about the generation of electricity than ever before. Considering how little of our power is generated using sustainable sources, I'm amazed at the clutter in the marketplace - there are a heck of a lot of players manufacturing, designing & installing energy components and integrated systems.

You'll be happy to know that I've officially culled my list of important players from over 300 to just over 200. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers