Monday, January 11, 2010

Career Coaching

Today I sat down with Rotman's Career Coach. This was an extremely useful session. I have been struggling for about a month with focusing the direction of my summer job search, but within an hour of chatting with Leigh, I came out with a plan of attack and a better sense of how I will execute the next phase of my search.

This week there are no classes at Rotman, so I can dedicate my time coming up with a plan of action. There are a few companies that I'm interested in that are recruiting on campus, so I have a few leads. The rest of my time will be spent making a list of my strengths in order to determine how I might add value to a company that is NOT recruiting on campus.

The only other deliverable for the week is finishing my negotiations self-assessment paper and preparing for classes starting next week.

PS- our grades were just released. There were a couple of surprises, but for the most part, grades are what I expected/hoped for. There is definitely room for improvement in Q3 - but when is there not? I'm definitely motivated to step up my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers