Thursday, January 14, 2010

Call of the Wild

As an avid people-watcher, I like looking down into the Atrium when the recruiting mix-and-mingle begins.

At the signal "this is the conclusion of the presentation", recruiters are immediately surrounded as the hopefuls descend. Pulled in every direction, recruiters maintain an interested yet impassive expression on their faces. They are polite, yet vague in their responses to the constant peppering of questions leaving the MBAs both confident and/or uncertain.

From my vantage point on the second floor, I see heads bob in unison as the recruiter makes a particularly poignant statement. MBA hands are crossed modestly in front to avoid making any movement that could be interpreted as weak or nervous.

I am perhaps the only person that is enjoying this week's process. I am attending only a handful of info sessions as my interests lie apart from the investment banker hopefuls that seem to dominate the class. After hours of careful observation, I have determined that the best strategy is to wait until the crowds have thinned before approaching the company representative. I truly want to have a meaningful conversation, not simply ask questions for the sake of having my voice heard. Hopefully I will somehow manage to make a lasting positive impression.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the genuine approach is the best approach! :)

    Good luck, Meg!

    ReplyDelete

Followers