Sunday, January 3, 2010

The End is Near

The end of holidays that is. I've spent the days since Christmas brushing up on pop-culture and all of the TV/Movies that I've missed. I saw 3 movies over the holidays, most of which were great:

Avatar 3D - Awesome. I cried 3 times. In retrospect, it was similar to the children's cartoon 'Fern Gully'

Sherlock Holmes - Also Great! Had to sit really close to the screen though so I think I missed a lot of the big picture cinematography. Will have to see it again sometime.

Nine - A smart musical that my girl friends and I can only describe as 'meh'. The characters are weak and non-loveable and musical numbers were just ok. I don't feel like it was a complete waste of time though.

The highlight though has to be the finale of Doctor Who. Yes, I am an uber nerd (no apologies). I happily watched The Doctor save the world yet again, and then regenerate. I laughed, I cried, it moved me. Now I have something to look forward to in Q4 when the series resumes.

Next week I meet my new team and I'm raring to go. I already have my books and I'm going to crack open negotiations this afternoon. As it's an intensive week, I think it will be difficult keeping up with the readings so I'd like to get ahead if possible.

All in all, it's been a good holiday, but I'm ready to start afresh. I learned a lot about myself and my learning style last quarter and I'm ready to modify my approach. I'm also going to be more prepared for the day by bringing lunch with me so that I don't have to visit one of the fine dining establishments whithin walking distance, such as Subway or the Chinese Food Truck.

I look forward to seeing everyone again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers