Monday, January 11, 2010

Mentally preparing to study both smarter AND harder!

I've been spending the past couple of hours mentally preparing for Q3. Namely, I dug out the 'Study Smarter, Not Harder' book by Kevin Paul that I purchased in the summer. In Q1/Q2, I did a great job of sudying hard, but maybe not as smart as I could have.

The 13 Study Skills outlined in the book:
1. Believe in yourself
2. Prepare
3. Organize yourself and your work
4. Spend time on what matters
5. Discipline yourself
6. Be persistent
7. Divide and conquer
8. Become an information filter
9. Practice output as well as input
10. Do not fear mistakes
11. Use all your intelligence to create study tools
12. Be active
13. Take control of your own learning.

I think I could use more help in all of the above, but #1 will be the key.

I look forward to yet another successful semester of learning - one that translates on exams!

And now, off to a Scouts Canada meeting. In amongst all of the school activities, I still actively volunteer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers