Thursday, November 5, 2009

Case Studies

I am so glad that Rotman is not 100% case based. We do use cases in class, but for the most part, there is a mixture of learning via cases and learning via lecture. Considering how long it has been takin me to get through these cases (think 3 hours to digest 25 pages), I'm look forward to classes that are largely lecture based.

That being said, the case studies are really interesting. Last night I was working on Biopure, a pharma company that specializes in blood substitutes. We were tasked with writing a POV on whether they should concentrate on the animal market (veterninary) or human market. When working on a case, I literally have to restrain from googling the company - I worry that if I know where they are now, I might get caught using the hindsight bias rather than the tools tha I've been learning in class.

I can't wait to chat more about Biopure with my classmates - I'm curious to hear their take on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers