Monday, November 9, 2009

Freshmen +/- 15

Remember how in undergrad you were warned about gaining the dreaded Freshmen 15, a term referring to the inevitable weight gain that many students experience when they move away from home for the first time? I was concerned about whether this phenomenon would be repeated in graduate school.

1. Stress? Check. (chips)
2. Late nights reading? Check (chocolate)
3. Group study sessions? Check (beer)
4. Confusing lectures? Check (pizza)
5. Stress? CHECK CHECK CHECK (ice cream & tears)

MBA school keeps tailors in business. While my suit is getting tighter around the middle, others are having the opposite problem. I've always thought that as one person loses weight, another will inevitably find it. I'll admit to being a bit jealous of the increasing sea of svelte figures wandering the halls, but I know it's hard to console one's self with textbooks. For now, I'll stick to the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers