Monday, November 9, 2009

Q2 finals less than 1 month away

I took the weekend to re-energize mentally. Last week was rough. Finance reached what is said to be the pinnacle of frustration. Accounting is moving forward at rocket speed (and I feel like I’ve been left at the launch pad). Strategy is a lot of fun, but I’m still not sure what framework I should follow when attacking these cases and Statistics seems to be on chapter 9 already – how on earth did that happen?

After having a mini-breakdown on Friday, culminating with bad news about my dog’s health (a cancer diagnosis), I really needed to spend the weekend away from 105 St. George Street. Friday I went to a concert in Barrie, April Wine & Collective Soul. Saturday morning I spent the day fretting over Daisy after her veterinary visit and the afternoon fretting over the emptiness I was feeling in the wallet region thanks to the $400 bucks spent on Daisy that morning. Sunday I basked in the sun thanks to an unseasonably warm fall. It’s on weekends like this that I’m glad that I live a bit further away from campus in an area of Toronto known as the Beaches. It really is like getting away from it all.

Don’t think I was 100% lazy, I did work on my accounting project and skimmed readings for this morning, but I certainly didn’t put in the hours that I have over the past few weeks. Now it’s time to buckle down again because Q2 finals (and my next mini-mental breakdown) will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers