Monday, November 23, 2009

Class Participation


While I would normally describe myself as a chatterbox, I received notice from Dmitry that I haven't participated enough in Statistics. The reason is that my confidence interval does not establish statistical significance that my answer will be correct. For instance, today I tried to answer a question in class and got a response of 'that would be a naive model...'

I like statistics because of it's ability to discover insights, but it is tricky.

I sometimes wish that the participation level across classes could be taken into account. The other day I literally spoke for a good 10 minutes in marketing. I'm soon to be at risk of annoying my classmates. Now I need to step it up in Statistics. Sorry friends, you'll be hearing a lot more of my voice in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers