Thursday, November 26, 2009

Understandable

Last year when I was researching MBA schools, I visited a lot of these blogs to get a sense of student life. An 'insiders view' of the school. As an avid fan of people watching, I hoped that I would be able to follow along as they went through the MBA. Were they happy? Did they still have a sense of humour or did the MBA turn them into overly serious, number crunching zombies - a dried up husk of the person they once were? Well after the first few weeks, blog posting became irregular if at all. It wasn't unusual to see an entire blog go something like this:

September 9, 2008 - YAY, we're back from camp. Classes start tomorrow. Can't wait to tell you all about it.

***Nothing***

May, 2009 - YAY, year's done. It was great.

I now understand completely! The program is SO BUSY! Yesterday I spent 10 hours just working on Accounting. Today, it'll be similar but with Finance.

If not for my obsession with keeping a record of my studies combined with an overly active imagination and a dash of procrastination mixed in, this blog would probably have ended back on labour day.

Exams are in 2 weeks (AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!) I may still end up a dried up husk of human being, filled to the brim with numbers. For my old friends who knew me once upon a time - the random marketing facts that you once shook your head at will soon will replaced with numbers.

You have been warned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers