Friday, October 23, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

The air was full of good cheer at 12:01 PM this afternoon as pens were dropped and exam books neatly closed. 3 cheers for me and my classmates who have all finished Q1!

I wrote this haiku to celebrate:

My mind relaxing,
Exams are finally done.
One eigth MBA!

Clearly I still need some much needed sleep to recover, but I have seriously never felt so on top of the world. My cheeks still hurt from all the smiling this afternoon. I'm definitely not in the top 10% of my class, but then again, neither are 90% of my classmates! What I am though is 6 weeks closer to my goal of being an MBA. The best feeling though was opening the accounting exam today and understanding the question.

What I've learned over the past six weeks cannot be measured by a percentage, GPA or a Rotman 9-point scale. Today I read the business section of the newspaper and really 'got it'. I look differently at the world around me, I feel connected, and most importantly, I'm EXCITED to wake up every day because I know that I'll learn something new.

I made a vow this afternoon to be more studious next quarter. Not because I want my marks to improve.... ok, not ONLY because I want my marks to improved, but so that I can continue having these 'Ah Ha' moments that happen every so often. MPO class would say that now that I've made my vow public, I'm more likely to live up to it. Thank you MPO - and thank you Rotman for challenging my brain more than I would have thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers