Friday, October 2, 2009

Leaving, on a prop plane...


I'm mentally preparing for 2 guilt filled days away from Rotman.

I'm sitting in the Porter lounge waiting for my flight to Ottawa for the Scouts Canada Leadership Summit. This is an exciting time for Scouts nation wide as we are in a great position to grow youth membership.

What being in business school means is trying to BALANCE everything because time and life marches on. All of the responsibilities pre-MBA still exist. For me this means occasionally flying to Ottawa for the weekend to meet with my committee. For others it might mean putting the books down to spend time with the family. Whatever it is, you have to make a serious effort for personal time.

I'm in the airport right now awaiting my boarding call. Thankfully the Porter lounge not only offers free, delicious coffee, but free wireless as well. This is some much needed time spent working on my MPO paper. I can't believe how quickly this term is coming to an end. It literally feels like I just started yesterday.

Good news for the weekend - I feel REALLY good about the stats test. Hopefully this means that my brain has finally awoken and it'll be downhill from here. (Wishful thinking???)

2 comments:

  1. Have you been to www.scoutingnow.ca? I don't know if that's associated with the work you were doing in Ottawa, but my fiance designed the site and I was just interested if it came up.

    Rob Phillips (look me up in Rworld if you want to email, not going to post my email here)

    ReplyDelete

Followers