Monday, October 5, 2009

Networking at Rotman

Generally when you think of Rotman ‘networking’ you are probably picturing shaking a few new hands and distributing business cards. Today though, I’ve been more concerned about the kind that results in screens like this: As Rotman students, we are required (or very strongly encouraged) to have laptops. In addition, all of the class notes are uploaded to a website known as RWorld. Since I’m trying really hard to be environmentally friendly by not wasting paper, I’m thrilled with this concept – in theory.

Connecting wirelessly in the classroom has proven to be a little bit of a crapshoot. For example, over lunch today, I tried to download our stats course notes for over an HOUR so that I’d be able to prepare for the class.
Class had been in session for 30 minutes before I was able to open the file. This is beyond frustrating!

I will be the first to admit that I am not very computer savvy, so there’s likely an easy fix. It might even be a problem on my end (although it doesn’t seem to be a problem at home). Either way, time is precious and being bumped from the internet every 2 seconds is really frustrating.

I’m going to wander down to talk to IT this afternoon to see if there’s anything wrong with my laptop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers