Friday, October 9, 2009

Festive Special

I hope that my new international friends have done sufficient mental preparation for the feasting that is ahead of them. This weekend is Thanksgiving - a glorious weekend of turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and for me Tofurkey (yuck!).

I have done an informal poll of the newcomers to Canada (AKA I just asked the guy sitting next to me) and found that we've clearly done an inadequate job of explaining this holiday. Luckily, Wikipedia is always just a click away...

I am going to a wedding this weekend so I unfortunately won't be hosting dinner, but I hope that someone will take pity on those who don't have family nearby.

Whether you have a feast, or just a quarter chicken dinner at Swiss Chalet, I wish you all a very happy thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers