Sunday, October 18, 2009

I am so smart, smrt

I don't want to become one of the Rotman bloggers who stops posting just because exams have started. That being said, expect shorter, less fun posts until Friday when I will either be celebrating, crying, or nursing an ulcer.

The schedule is as follows:
Monday: Econ exam worth 80% (eek!)
Tuesday: FIT paper worth 60%
Wednesday: Stats midterm worth 30%
Thursday: MPO final exam worth 50%
Friday: Accounting midterm exam worth 35%

Now, coming into the MBA, my goal was to learn how to run a business, I had never planned to worry much about grades. Then my 55+ year old Dad completed his Executive MBA last year (also from Rotman)on the Dean's List and my cousin did the same at Columbia. Suddenly I feel like I have to keep up!

Thus far, I think my performance has been pretty darn average. Our first group assignment grade wasn't exactly stellar (B+) and as I study for this Econ exam worth 80% (Double EEK), my brain is starting to get all fuzzy.

I think I need to refocus my efforts on my primary goal of running a successful business. Put the focus on marks aside and focus on the learning - grades will follow.

I wish all my fellow 1st years an ulcer free week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers