Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let's Get International


I'm making curry tonight to celebrate Friday's good news. I've been accepted to the Spring Study Tour to India and I'm thrilled about it!

I've always wanted to be a global citizen but haven't travelled as much as I would have liked. I try to go on a trip every couple of years, but I've never been very far East.

One of the interviewers asked me whether I'd ever been in a situation where I encountered culture shock. I can honestly say that I haven't. I've been to Europe and Cuba, but that's not all that different from here. Plus, Toronto is such an international city. I can't wait to go someplace that is really different from home. This isn't going to be a pleasure trip though. We're going to be touring a bunch of different companies in the hopes of gaining a better understanding of how business is done in India and what opportunities might exist once we graduate.

I truly can't wait to be more of a world citizen and I'm thrilled to have been selected for this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! Congrats! Take lots of photos and swap stories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers